Building, managing and growing products, with everything involved from business strategy to team building and operations, is a vast space. I'm regularly updating this list of resources with articles that offer concise advice or genius solutions to specific problems.
Best resources for Founders
On working with Engineers
- Top 10 reasons why your team might be slow
- Why they love absurdity
- Why specifications and requirement documents are a terrible way of communicating
By the way: Are you thinking of working with an agency (onshore or offshore)? I hate seeing founders spend money on projects that are not set up for success, so I'm happy to give you feedback on their quote and tell you whether they are any good - for free. Just get in touch.
On building Products
- How to increase your "time-to-everything"
- Why picking the right product, problem and market is crucial (more important than the Hustler, Hipster and Hacker)
- Basics on how to pick the right metrics
- Why engagement is the gateway to building a $1bn business
- For usability of e-commerce stores (also useful for content based sites)
- The concept of leading vs. lagging metrics
On Distribution Strategies
- 16 business metrics that should probably matter to you
- Y-Combinator's guide on when and how to build growth teams - your Growth PM should be the 3rd or 4th PM in the team
I hope the above help you build better products and dominate your market. Reach out to me if you need help with the implementation though.
Best resources for Product Managers
Before you become a Product Manager
- What it's really like to be a PM
- What do you need to be a Minimum Viable Product Manager (and what is stuff you don't need to know)
- Mental models that come in handy
By the way: I'm happy to help aspiring PMs get their dream jobs. Want feedback on your CV before you apply? Do a mock interview before things get real? Get in touch.
On identifying Customer Problems & Market Opportunities
On building hypotheses properly
On finding the right Solutions
On Prioritisation Techniques
On Stakeholder Management
On driving Metrics